Broadlink RM Pro

The Broadlink RM Pro universal RF and IR sender has arrived. I want to use this device to control some of my audio-visual equipment that only has IR control.



Being wary of giving up information to some companies, I was keen to find a way to control this device without relying on the Broadlink e-Control app.

This led me to Home Assistant, which I'll talk about in another post.

In order to get the RM Pro on the network, I installed the e-Control app on my Android device, but denied it from having any permissions, other than those that were necessary to get the device working.

I then blocked any outgoing internet traffic from this device using my WiFi router, to permit local control over my network, but prevent the device from dialing home.

I then commenced setting up the RM Pro in Home Assistant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Irrigation Controller with Tasmota and Home Assistant

Controlling Samsung Air Conditioner from Home Assistant

Brilliant Smart Ceiling Fan Remote in Home Assistant